For people who have only heard about Chandigarh, it is just another city, but for those who have lived here, this is more than just another small and quaint little town in India. It is an emotion and experience in itself, and you can understand that only when you are in ‘The Chandigarh’. So here are a few things that you need to see and do once in this amazing city.
- A gerhi at Student Centre, Panjab University: Popularly known as ‘StuC’, this is that part of the Panjab University where one can see the pretty girls and good looking folks wandering. Also, this place is famous for the mouth-watering food and juices it serves to the students and outsiders.
- Checkout the happening crowd at Sector 17: This is one place you cannot miss visiting, whatsoever. Still breathing in the old world charm, sector 17 has maintained its popularity in the city ever since its establishment. The offices, market, crowd and restaurants in this area are definitely worth a visit. Also, the hotels at sector 17 in Chandigarh are something that attracts tourists from India and abroad alike.
- Drive your way through Sector 8-9-10: Take out your car, bike, activa or whatever vehicle you get your hands on and set on a gehri at this popular route in Chandigarh. With beautiful roads, fabulous restaurants and interesting stores, these sectors have always been a crowd puller.
- An ice cream treat at Aroma, Sector 22: This is the hub of all the activities in Chandigarh. With Aroma hotel at sector 22, Chandigarh being the center of attraction, it always remains buzzing with people. From early morning coffee to late night ice cream, people head to Aroma to have the best of food and ambience.
- Chicken hogging at Pal Dhaba: All the non-veg food lovers, mark this place in your bucket list as you have to have the chicken served at Pal Dhaba. It is not only fulfilling but something that you haven’t tasted in any part of the country.
- Bar hopping: With some of the coolest and the most hapenning bars, Chandigarh has left no stone unturned in entertaining the youth and elders alike. Here, at the bar you will see people from all age groups having a great time in the company of their friends and family.
- Must visit places: Though the list is endless, some of the most visited places in Chandigarh are Sukhna Lake, Rock Garden, Rose Garden, Buddha Garden, Timber Trail, Leisure Valley, PCA stadium, Doll Museum and Chhatbir Zoo.
- Set on a shopping spree: How can you be in Chandigarh and not shop? From traditional Punjabi stuff to the modern wear, this city has it all. So get your 500 and 2000 rupees handy and set on a shopping spree.
This is a season to rejoice and make merry in the city beautiful. Book hotels in Chandigarh in advance and make the most of your vacations.